The mission of the Timothy L. Johnson Academy is to provide opportunities for basic educational equity for students in East Allen County and Indiana. The academy will offer interaction between students, their parents and the community within the education system to provide an environment where learning is the centerpiece of the students’ lives.
The Academy is a response to the need for high quality, dynamic and innovative education reform in Fort Wayne. It will provide significant opportunity to address many of the broad and diverse learning needs that accompany the area's young people. By combining a rich variety of proven teaching strategies drawn from effective research and practice with guiding support of an experienced, caring and knowledgeable staff, we believe we are poised to implement a successful education program. All youth can be helped to maximize their full potential so that they can be successful throughout a lifetime of learning.
- We believe that a community of learners must celebrate students’ strengths, interests and abilities.
- We believe that young people need relationships that foster their sense of worth and being valuable to society.
- We believe that children MUST attend school.
- We believe that students deserve the best that society, educational institutions and educators can offer.
- We believe that students learn best in classrooms with different ages represented.
- We believe that our young people need significant opportunities to have their broad and diverse learning styles addressed.
- We believe that proven teaching strategies drawn from effective research and practice will enable our students to excel.
- We believe that a successful education program is one where all students are helped to grow to their full potential so that they can be successful throughout a lifetime of learning.
- We believe that educational choices made in the early years have the greatest impact on student’s later lives.
- We believe that the fine and performing arts allow children to express themselves in unique ways.